Lavinia Tomescu is an experienced lawyer with a solid understanding of a wide range of commercial legal matters. Before joining ZVD she worked for a significant time for some of the major law firms established in Romania.
Her practice has been focused for the last years on corporate governance and real estate matters, with a deepened understanding of the agricultural land acquisitions and development sector. For the most part of her legal career though, Lavinia Tomesccu has been closely involved in M&A projects in a large variety of industries and advised also natural entities, but mostly foreign owned companies with their acquisitions in Romania in various fields of business.
She also has significant experience in employment related matters, negotiating, contract drafting and intellectual property, advising various clients, such as telecommunication companies, building materials manufacturer, construction companies on day-to day legal aspects, as well as public bids and regulatory matters.
She provided close assistance (corporate, commercial, employment, consumers’ protection and distribution related matters) for an infant nutritional brand part of a multinational food-products corporation in developing its business in Romania.
Romanian, English, French, Spanish
LL. B Nicolae Titluescu University (2003)
LL.M. Business Law Nicolae Titulescu University (2006)
Tel: 0743 808 929
- Legal representation and assistance of one of the major foreign agricultural land owners in Romania in land acquisitions and development projects.
- Assistance and representation of a French based and wide spread hypermarket in the perspective acquisition of a DIY French hypermarket chain.
- Actively involved in the legal team performing the acquisition of top Romanian fertilizers company by an international holding.
- Participation in the legal team assisting one of the bidders interested in the privatization of a national mining company.
- Actively involved in the legal team representing an Investment fund in the process of acquisition of a stake of shares representing 20% of the share capital of a domestic bank, as well as providing assistance in the process of selling the acquired shares to the majority shareholder of the same bank.
- Assistance and legal representation of a major group involved in sale and distribution in Romania of motor vehicles, spare parts and accessories for Italian brands.
- Representation of an Israeli individuals in reviewing and negotiating the sale purchase agreement of a major Romanian insurance company, after prior conducting legal due diligence on the said insurance company.
- Participating in the final merger operations that were performed by a Pension Fund in the process of a IInd pillar Romanian pension funds merger.