Dragos is a litigation lawyer and head of ZVDA`s construction and public procurement team.
Dragos previously coordinated a practice group specialised in the same areas of activity within a Romanian Top 5 - rated law firm.
In 13 years of experience in the legal field, Dragos has represented domestic as well as multinational entities in various litigation and arbitration proceedings.
His expertise focuses on issues regarding the award, execution and amendment of complex public procurement contracts for construction services (mainly contracts under the FIDIC Conditions of Contracts - Red Book) and intellectual IT services.
Dragos has acquired an extensive experience in these fields due to his involvement in a significant number of DAB procedures, litigation or arbitration related to price supplement and adjustment, extensions of time, additional costs generated by suspension of or delay in execution, taking over of the works and delay damages.
Furthermore, Dragos has offered day-to-day assistance in the execution of hundreds of projects to some of the largest hydro-power, hydrotechnical, utilitarian and railway developers on the Romanian market.
As a member of the working groups of an employers’ association in the construction field, Dragos has actively engaged in the improvement process of the legal framework through proposals and consultations on draft legislation.
Representative offices in disputes on execution of public procurement contracts
Representative offices in contract award procedures:
- Coordinator of the team that represented a consortium of domestic companies in a series of disputes on supplementing the agreement of will of a contracting authority for construction works of over Lei 68 million and payment of the value of these works.
- Coordinator of the team that represented a domestic company in litigation on the payment of additional costs of over Lei 30 million generated by the suspension of hydro-power construction works.
- Coordinator of the team that represented a consortium of multinational companies in arbitration for the adjustment of prices and costs of over Euro 4 million generated by delay within a railway refurbishment project.
- Coordinator of the team that assisted and represented a multinational construction company during the negotiation phase and in litigation on securing its right for cashing an amount of over Lei 100 million against the risks implied by the insolvency of the partner on whose behalf the joint venture’s account had been opened.
- Coordinator of the team that represented a Romanian developer in a Lei 30 million litigation regarding damages in the amount of the EU funding received for the project, payment of works, extension of time for completion, execution and termination of a hydrologic facility construction contract – point of landing on the Danube – financed from European funds.
- Member of the team that represented a domestic road infrastructure company in two arbitral disputes initiated by the Advisor (the Engineer in FIDIC contracts - Red Book) for the payment of the supervision services in the total amount of approx. Lei 8 million.
LL.B, Bucharest University Law School
Tel: 0756 141 511
- Member of the team that represented a consortium of multinational companies in reviews within the procedure for the award of the protection and refurbishment works of the South of the Romanian Black Sea seaside with an estimated value of Lei 450 million.
- Member of the team that represented a consortium of multinational companies in reviews within the procedure for the award of the design and execution works of the Nadlag-Arad highway with an estimated value of Lei 240 million.
- Member of the team that represented a domestic company in reviews within the procedure for the award of the execution works for a water and wastewater drainage system in the amount of approx. Lei 100 million.
- Member of the team that represented one of the largest national providers of IT services and software supply and development in the reviews submitted by several tenderers within the procedure for the award of a contract for maintenance service, extension and development of an Integrated Information System in the amount of approx.Lei 97 million. The issues regarded exclusion grounds, the implications of negative ascertaining documents, how to fill in the European Single Procurement Document, the efficiency of self-cleaning procedures and application of equal treatment in tender analysis.